2016 was an exciting year for MIRA with achievements, events, conferences, and mentions
- European Youth Awards 2016 Europe’s Unique Digital Creativity Improving Society in the Category – Healthy Life
- Business Days “Startup of the Year 2016” award in Romania.
- MIRA awarded “Best Social Enterprise” by the Global Startup Awards.
Conferences & Events
- March 2016: The Future of Physiotherapy: Summit & Exhibition- University of Salford
- March 2016: Sussex Trauma Network conference – Innovations in trauma Rehab: Thinking outside the box- Brighton, UK
- April 2016: One Nuffield Health Event as part of the Microsoft Booth
- June 2016: Speaker at Digital Health ICEEfest (Interactive Central & Eastern Europe Festival)- Bucharest, Romania
- June 2016: Health + Care Show– London, UK
- September 2016: 39th Annual National Medical Rehabilitation Congress with International Participation- Sibiu, Romania
- October 2016: Dr. Emma Stanmore Senior Lecturer in Nursing at the University of Manchester is speaking at the 6th Annual Games For Health Europe– Utretcht, NL
- November 2016: ER- WCPT (European congress: World Congress of Physiotherapists)- Liverpool, UK
Articles & Mentions
- January 2016: Forbes- 16 London-Based Startups Ready To Take On 2016– #9 is MIRA!
- February 2016: Tech.eu- 11 Romanian startups you’re bound to hear more about in 2016– #4 is MIRA!
- February 2016: Alvernia University- Can Doctors of Physical Therapy use video games as a motivation technique in patients?– USA
- February 2016: ITV News – Video games help pensioners avoid falls.
- June 2016: The Guardian- Physio games: How rehab is coming to a screen near you
- September 2016: BBC News- How computer games can help the elderly stay active
- October 2016: Manchester Policy Blogs- Why isn’t more being done to prevent falls among the elderly?